- Lease apartments and aggressively sell the products and services of the property to which they are assigned. Specifically, to respond to site visit or telephone inquiries, conduct site tours, effectively sell to prospects and lease apartments. Work to optimize occupancy limits while maximizing an effective lease renewal program. Site tours include, but are not limited to, transporting, and showing the prospect around the property, all property amenities, model apartments and available apartments.
- Work with the property management staff to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies, including corporate outreach. Increase property traffic levels, maintain closing ratios and work to achieve and exceed budgeted occupancy percentages.
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of property assigned and that of major competition through site visits/tours and telephone surveys.
- Prepare all lease related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Must have the ability to communicate and explain all lease documents to new and existing residents. Ensure all documents are completed prior to resident move-in.
- Follow established policies and procedures regarding the qualifications, screening, and acceptance of applicants for residency.
- Assist with managing the day-to-day operations of the apartment community. Work with Director of Operations, Leasing or Maintenance to direct the efforts to the on-site staff to ensure apartments are ready for move-in and are maintained in a satisfactory manner. Assume responsibility for property operations when the schedule results in the Leasing Specialist being the senior management staff person on-site.
- Maintain company customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize and resolve resident problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issues are resolved.
- Maintain prospect, traffic and leasing data and assist with other computer data entry, as necessary. Assist with monthly closing as required.
- Deliver resident gifts, inspect units on move-in day to ensure units are ready and assist with planning and hosting of resident parties and functions.
- Follow the property lease renewal program. Maximize resident renewals.
- Participate in company training classes and meetings, as required.
Essential Job Requirements
The position requires the ability to deal well with people and get them to feel comfortable quickly. In addition, the position requires the following:
- 1 year Customer Service Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Professional image
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- bility to "close" a sale
- Ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions
- Ability to drive a car
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range: $50,000 plus bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life, short term and long term disability
- 401(k) retirement plan
- 22 days paid time off plus company holidays